Saturday, November 12, 2011

What I accomplished while I was gone

I had a wonderful time at my retreat with my quilting buddies. I didn't get started on the Bethlehem Star - I just couldn't decide on the fabrics I wanted to use!I did however make progress on my Florabunda squares. I have a few more hairy squares to show you.

First - the hairy one - I will tuck in the threads during my Wednesday bee days. This is the closest to hand work I get!
I am quite pleased with how these blues worked together!
A friend of mine asked me what flower this was? - how would I know? It is just me putting colors I like together! She is a quilter and ought to know better. ;-)

I don't remember what kind of flowers I have seen that were "green" but I do remember seeing them and liking them a lot.



This one just got fused down - no sewing yet, except for the bias stem.


There are sixty of those little purple petals!












I hope you have had a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blocks, it looks like a LOT of work. I really really like the blue flowers at the top, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I "DO" love these blocks. I'm beginning to think I should take up applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gorgeous word has already been used, but that's what these blocks are "Gorgeous!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

To Grandmother's House We Go - a free quilt pattern

Click here for the free quilt pattern This quilt is a take on little red riding hood. I just think it is adorable for girls of any...