Call: 678-767-0514 | Email: Michele.Hester@gmail.com
Quilt Top & Backing Preparation
- Batting and Backing must be at a minimum 8″ wider and 8″ longer than quilt top.
- (Example: top measures 50” x 50”, the batting and backing must measure 58” x 58”).The extra allows the required amount needed to attach the quilt to the frame and sew the edge without stretching the quilt.
- The backing must be pre-washed and pressed . To ensure no color bleeding or extreme shrinkage of the fabric during 1st wash after quilting. It is also recommended that all quilt top fabrics be washed before construction.
- Do Not Baste Top, Batting and Backing together.
- Remove animal hair and foul odors (i.e. cigarette, cigar, animal, perfume)
- All seams must be secured – not coming un-sewn (optional service at additional charge)
- Quilt top should be Squared, (optional service at additional charge)
- Threads must be trimmed from back (optional service at additional charge)
- Seams must be well pressed and flattened (optional service at additional charge)
Quilt Back (100% cotton only)
- Customer must supply backing (remember to add 8” to length and width of top quilt size).
- Bedding Sheets are not acceptable – no exceptions.
- Backing – remove salvage edge before sewing seams. Seam should be ½ inch wide then press open ensure seam is flat. (Optional service at additional charge)
- The backing must be pre-washed and pressed to ensure no color bleeding or extreme shrinkage of the fabric during 1st wash after quilting.
- Press to remove all center fold and wrinkles (optional service at additional charge)
- A Busy Backing is recommended for Show and Heirloom Quilts.
BattingTo ensure the Best Quilting Quality
- Customer provided batting - Only Quilter’s Dream, Hobbs (blends, cotton or wool) or Warm and White batting are accepted(remember to add 8″ to length and wide).
- I do offer Quilter’s Dream, Hobbs (blends, cotton or wool) or Warm and White batting at reasonable prices.
- Customer provided batting such as (Mountain Mist, Fairfield or Bamboo) are not accepted – no exceptions.
To ensure the Best Quilting Quality – I offer a wide variety of threads in countless colors from Glide, Superior, and many other types of threads specially designed to work with my equipment.
- The same color thread is always used on needle and bobbin; no exceptions.
- To ensure the best quilting quality customer provided threads are not acceptable – no exceptions.
- Thread included in price per square inch = 1 color -708 yards – 3 bobbins same there top and bottom.
- Additional cost will apply when more thread 1 thread or any specialty thread types are desired. Final quote will be issued at Free Consultation.
If this is your first time visiting my little home here in blogland, be sure to take a look at my free patterns page, by clicking on the free patterns tab at the top of this page.
Until next time,
Until next time,
All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to use one of my photos! Please link back to this blog when doing so. Please do not post entire tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.