Call: 678-767-0514 | Email: Michele.Hester@gmail.com
Quilt Top & Backing Preparation
- Batting and Backing must be at a minimum 8″ wider and 8″ longer than quilt top.
- (Example: top measures 50” x 50”, the batting and backing must measure 58” x 58”).The extra allows the required amount needed to attach the quilt to the frame and sew the edge without stretching the quilt.
- The backing must be pre-washed and pressed . To ensure no color bleeding or extreme shrinkage of the fabric during 1st wash after quilting. It is also recommended that all quilt top fabrics be washed before construction.
- Do Not Baste Top, Batting and Backing together.
- Remove animal hair and foul odors (i.e. cigarette, cigar, animal, perfume)
- All seams must be secured – not coming un-sewn (optional service at additional charge)
- Quilt top should be Squared, (optional service at additional charge)
- Threads must be trimmed from back (optional service at additional charge)
- Seams must be well pressed and flattened (optional service at additional charge)
Quilt Back (100% cotton only)
- Customer must supply backing (remember to add 8” to length and width of top quilt size).
- Bedding Sheets are not acceptable – no exceptions.
- Backing – remove salvage edge before sewing seams. Seam should be ½ inch wide then press open ensure seam is flat. (Optional service at additional charge)
- The backing must be pre-washed and pressed to ensure no color bleeding or extreme shrinkage of the fabric during 1st wash after quilting.
- Press to remove all center fold and wrinkles (optional service at additional charge)
- A Busy Backing is recommended for Show and Heirloom Quilts.
BattingTo ensure the Best Quilting Quality
- Customer provided batting - Only Quilter’s Dream, Hobbs (blends, cotton or wool) or Warm and White batting are accepted(remember to add 8″ to length and wide).
- I do offer Quilter’s Dream, Hobbs (blends, cotton or wool) or Warm and White batting at reasonable prices.
- Customer provided batting such as (Mountain Mist, Fairfield or Bamboo) are not accepted – no exceptions.
To ensure the Best Quilting Quality – I offer a wide variety of threads in countless colors from Glide, Superior, and many other types of threads specially designed to work with my equipment.
- The same color thread is always used on needle and bobbin; no exceptions.
- To ensure the best quilting quality customer provided threads are not acceptable – no exceptions.
- Thread included in price per square inch = 1 color -708 yards – 3 bobbins same there top and bottom.
- Additional cost will apply when more thread 1 thread or any specialty thread types are desired. Final quote will be issued at Free Consultation.