Monday, November 28, 2011

A free Christmas Tree Skirt pattern

This year's Christmas Quilt Show is a celebration for me in more than one way! I have now officially been positing in blogland for one year.

My very first blog post was this Christmas skirt for last year's Christmas Quilt Show, hosted by SewCalGal. At that time, this skirt was just a flimsy. You may recognize it from last year. Well this year, in honor of my blogaversary, I have the pattern to offer to you - available on Craftsy.
Now it is sandwiched, quilted and the binding is on. Hopefully, we will have a Christmas tree this year to put it under! (We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel.)



As you can see, I simply did some outline quilting and some stitching in the ditch (click here for a useful tip.)
It seemed a little strange to bind a Christmas Tree Skirt in black, but I think it really made the rest of the fabric shine!


Over the last year, I have gained 115 new friends (followers) and enjoyed reading all of your comments. My humble little blog has had 50,000 hits (I was so excited just to hit 10! - LOL)




I have created 12 free mug rug patterns - traditionally pieced, appliqued, machine embroidery and paper piecing.

I am looking forward to a new year of designing and sharing patterns with you.

Thank you all for a wonderful first year! I look forward to the year to come.

This pattern was offered for free in 2011 and stayed that way for quite some time. I know that charging for it now will make some people angry. I have sent it out over 200 times and there have been countless other comments that couldn't be responded to, because they were posted by no-reply bloggers. I hope that you will understand.

In honor of my 1 year anniversary, I am offering this pattern to my followers for free. Please comment and let me know that you would like to receive that pattern. Also, if you are a no-reply blogger, or Google thinks you are a no-reply blogger, please send me an e-mail or leave your e-mail in the comment. I will e-mail the pattern out once a week, likely on Saturday or Sunday. I will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.


Quilting is finished!

Just finished the quilting of this queen-size quilt. Now to trim and bind. This is the disappearing hourglass squares- used fat quarter...