Thursday, September 15, 2011

Witchy Woman - Coming to Life

I know I have been excited about a lot lately, probably because I have been in such a funk all summer long and Fall is my favorite time of year. For some reason, I am getting excited about Halloween this year. I don't know why, typically it is not a big deal in our household. My children are 8 and 9 this year, and they are excited too of course. I have several ideas up my sleeve in this regard. This is probably my most elaborate design ever and it has been a WHOLE lot of fun:

 From tracing, to cutting to fabric selection, everything about this has been enjoyable.

I felt like a kid with a blank sheet of paper and a brand new box of crayons.



 I am going to add a walking stick, but I am too tired tonight......
 See that little spot at the top of her bangs, just under her hat? I guess my pieces slipped when I was tacking her down. I didn't notice it until after I took the photos. I am going to add a little more brown to fix it.
 Then I have to do the stitching and embellishing.
It seems as though she is literally walking off the fabric! I can definitely understand why applique is so addicting to so many people!





Until next time,
Piece!
Michele Hester

Got Charm Squares? - Free Quilt Pattern

Click here for the free charm square quilt pattern This quilt utilizes charm squares - of course, you can cut your own, but I have som...