String Jean

My friend Jean gave me some strings she had leftover from a flour sack quilt that she made it. She is a tongue-in-cheek kind of person, so I think she will enjoy my newest quilt I am making and naming in her honor. Here are the strips as I received them:




Because I consider the antique fabrics to be "collectibles"of sorts, I didn't want to cut them up anymore than they were. I left them the exact lengths that she gave me and added white strips to the top and bottom to make the full length of the strings approximately 65 inches. Here are the strings completed so far on my design wall.

I intend for this to be a lightweight lap quilt to use in the spring - what do you think?
If this is your first time visiting my little home here in blogland, be sure to take a look at my free patterns page, by clicking on the free patterns tab at the top of this page.

Until next time,
Piece!
All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to use one of my photos! Please link back to this blog when doing so. Please do not post entire tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is going to be a beautiful, light quilt. I don't think I would want to cut them either and your design makes good use of them in a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like something to use on the porch swing doesn't it? Almost done.

      Delete
  2. I think it's a really cute idea and you get to enjoy the fabrics.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie! Hope you are doing well.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...