Mug Rug Lessons Learned - and Bobbin Washers

Here is my first mug rug.....


It isn't my best work, but it was sort of fun....I say sort of, because I did a lot of reverse quilting on this one.....I couldn't get the tension right on my machine...and of course, rather than taking the time to work it out on a sample, I kept trying to fix while doing the project. More time was spent fixing the mistakes, than had I taken the time to work on a sample - I just hate wasting fabric (pitiful I know.) Anyway, I finally figured out that the problem with my tension was the Magic Bobbin Washer thingy! Once I removed it, I had no more problems with the tension.


Then, thinking small quilt, I made my binding too narrow, so I had to remove it and redo it....still a little on the small side, but all-in-all I think it came out okay....

Mug rugs are definitely a good practice model for larger quilts. It FORCES you to use the good habits needed for great quilts.

Have a great day!

P.S. I will say though, that I probably wouldn't recommend the bobbin washer for baby lock machines.
If this is your first time visiting my little home here in blogland, be sure to take a look at my free patterns page, by clicking on the free patterns tab at the top of this page.

Until next time,
Piece!
All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to use one of my photos! Please link back to this blog when doing so. Please do not post entire tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...