Friday, January 21, 2011

Mug Rug Lessons Learned - and Bobbin Washers

Here is my first mug rug.....


It isn't my best work, but it was sort of fun....I say sort of, because I did a lot of reverse quilting on this one.....I couldn't get the tension right on my machine...and of course, rather than taking the time to work it out on a sample, I kept trying to fix while doing the project. More time was spent fixing the mistakes, than had I taken the time to work on a sample - I just hate wasting fabric (pitiful I know.) Anyway, I finally figured out that the problem with my tension was the Magic Bobbin Washer thingy! Once I removed it, I had no more problems with the tension.


Then, thinking small quilt, I made my binding too narrow, so I had to remove it and redo it....still a little on the small side, but all-in-all I think it came out okay....

Mug rugs are definitely a good practice model for larger quilts. It FORCES you to use the good habits needed for great quilts.

Have a great day!

P.S. I will say though, that I probably wouldn't recommend the bobbin washer for baby lock machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Beautiful Classic Floral Spray - Machine Embroidery Design

Click here for machine embroidery file Watch this design come to life on your fabric canvas. This gorgeous design has been thoughtfu...