Love is in the Air - a new mug rug pattern for you

The first mug rug pattern seemed to be very well received, so I am posting another one for you. This time it is an applique pattern. The thing I really like about mug rugs is that they are a great opportunity to practice all kinds of techniques, without leaving a lot of UFOs lying around.  Since it is February, I decided to make this a Valentiney one.

Click here to download the pattern

After making the last mug rug, I decided that it was a little on the large side, so I cut this one down just a little. When I make this one, I will likely use the raw edge applique technique. I have included the templates with 1/4" seam allowances, but if you are going to do raw edge applique, cut these away. The finished size is going to be 10" wide and 6 1/2" tall. I will start with an 11" by 7" background fabric for my applique centered on the background. Trim your finished quilt sandwich down to 10" by 6 1/2" before binding.

I haven't heard about any problems with downloading the last mug rug, so I assume everything is working okay! Please send me a link to your photos when you do one - I love to see your work!

Michele Hester
If this is your first time visiting my little home here in blogland, be sure to take a look at my free patterns page, by clicking on the free patterns tab at the top of this page.

Until next time,
Piece!
All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to use one of my photos! Please link back to this blog when doing so. Please do not post entire tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Very attractive rug Michelle. It makes me want to get started on making my own ....soon I hope.
    hugs
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mug rugs. They're such a great size (in between a coaster and placemat) and you can do so many cute designs with them. Your design is sweet and very sentimental--perfect for v-day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, thank you Michele.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...