Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Free eBook from Fons and Porter


Click on the photo to get the free eBook





The folks at Fons and Porter were kind and sent me a copy of an e-book that you too can get for free! If free isn't a good enough reason for you to go and get it, here are 7 reasons that might entice you to do so:









  1. Historical perspective: One of the reasons I LOVE quilting is because behind every quilt is a story. I love to hear the history of the designs that still influence quilting today. To me history is an extremely important part of the tradition of quilting.
  2. Eye Candy! – photos of antique quilts. Nuff said. 
  3. It’s practical: Charts to choose and make your own size of each type of log cabin block. I tend to use patterns as a guidebook for making my own quilts, rather than absolute legal requirement of my quilt. I really like a good chart that allows me to customize it to my liking!
  4. It’s educational: the log cabin block deconstructed – did you know there are three basic log cabin blocks? You probably did, but I didn’t. Somehow I missed that day in quilting class! There is the Chevron, the Courthouse Step and the Traditional Log Cabin. Each of the three blocks are covered. 
  5. Packed into the 24 pages of this e-book are patterns for new quilts as well as photos of antique quilts.
  6. But that’s not all (do I sound like the dead oxy-clean guy or what – not disrespect intended): it’s NOT JUST ABOUT LOG CABINS!!! There are added tutorials on “Bobbin Work with Trapunto” and “Binding with Piping” 
  7. Lastly, did I mention it was free!?! Click on the following link to download your very own Build Your Best Log Cabin eBook from Fons and Porter. Well, you do have to give them you e-mail address, but chances are they have it already right? ;-)

To get you copy click on the following link:




1 comment:

  1. they do {have my email} thanks Michele {and no, you don't sound like them... their stuff isn't FREE!}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Beautiful Classic Floral Spray - Machine Embroidery Design

Click here for machine embroidery file Watch this design come to life on your fabric canvas. This gorgeous design has been thoughtfu...