Embroidery work




I have been a Baby Lock owner for 15 years and for the most part, have been really happy with the brand. In May of last year, I purchased a Destiny, on which I do mostly quilting. Recently I decided to do a couple of large embroideries that I plan to make into throw pillows. Here is the first of those two embroideries.

































The Blue Heron is a Baby Lock Exclusive built-in designs on the Destiny.  It is approximately 12" tall, so it is a large design.
















The thread used was a Madeira and the colors were exactly as recommended in the design.












I used a cut-away stabilizer. This photo is of the back side of the completed design.

The design is on a heavy linen fabric, which was basted on top of the cut-away stabilizer.











Thread used: Madeira Polyneon Polyester #40
Colors used: As directed on the design
Design: Baby Lock Destiny Exclusive designs #2
Stabilizer: Cut-away
Fabric: Heavy linen
Hooping method: hooped stabilizer, floated linen and basted linen
Tips: be sure the hoop is very tight. After the first color is stitched, check to see if there is any pulling/warping on the fabric - if there is, tight the hoop some more.
 



It is always a delight to watch the machine paint the design and to see it come to life. Stay tuned for the reveal of the second design.



If this is your first time visiting my little home here in blogland, be sure to take a look at my free patterns page, by clicking on the free patterns tab at the top of this page.

Until next time,
Piece!
All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to use one of my photos! Please link back to this blog when doing so. Please do not post entire tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...