Sunday, January 29, 2017

When the grass was green.......





Here are some mug rugs/coasters that I made on my Babylock Destiny in May, when the grass was still green.....just haven't had time to post about it yet....















They were quite fun to make, despite some problems along the way.......


This was white thread.....looks like it somehow picked up some oil from the machine somehow? I have NEVER seen this before. The strange thing is, it happened in the middle of sewing....not at the beginning, where you would expect, if it were related to the thread path - any thoughts?




This was a first for me as well - embroidery thread shredding.....I am using the same thread, needle type, stabilizer, etc..... that I always used on my Babylock Ellageo and never had "shredding" happen. Quite frustrating on this brand new and not so cheap Babylock Destiny. It happened in a spot where the stitching was quite dense. I finally just pressed the needle up/down to SLOWLY get past the problem area.







I do enjoy the large hoop on the Babylock Destiny. I was able to make two at a time, which save a lot of thread changing time.
In the end, I got them all done and they make me smile, which is a good thing.





4 comments:

  1. I am thinking that your thread may have picked up some oily residue somewhere in your bobbin casing area. Make sure that area is really clean before you start another project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Brother Dream Machine and occasionally have the same little problem. I just clean out the thread, back up the stitching and start again. Sometimes I think that some thread has some weakness when stitching a design out fast.
    I have cleaned out the nest and not had any more issues with that same stitch out.
    Let me know if you find out a fix.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Beautiful Classic Floral Spray - Machine Embroidery Design

Click here for machine embroidery file Watch this design come to life on your fabric canvas. This gorgeous design has been thoughtfu...