Something a little different

I have been working on a little crochet project. It is called Sophie's Universe, which was a crochet-a-long that was finished quite some time ago, by those who actually did it as a crochet-a-long.







I don't like surprises, so I tend to wait until I can see the full product, before I start something.








I do the same thing with "mystery" quilts......collect the patterns, to make sure I like it.









I have to say this has been fun though, the many different stitches and varying colors make me want to skip a night or two of sleep, just to see what is coming next!








What about you - have you ever truly participated in a mystery - dove in, not knowing what it would become? Did you like the process?
If this is your first time visiting my little home here in blogland, be sure to take a look at my free patterns page, by clicking on the free patterns tab at the top of this page.

Until next time,
Piece!
All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to use one of my photos! Please link back to this blog when doing so. Please do not post entire tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I have to see the completed project before I start it. If they show the finished quilt, then I can join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done one complete Quiltville mystery quilt along and really enjoyed the process. Right now, I am participating in From My Carolina Home blog by Carole doing A Scrap Dance Mystery Quilt Along. I was looking for a pattern with a lot of half square triangles and the first step was making 80 HST. I started a couple months late, so have had to work extra hard to get caught up and not peek ahead. I am totally loving each stitch, even my husband is anxious to see what it will look like completed and what everyone else will look like. I used to crochet, but Corporal Tunnel in my right wrist just made it to painful. I love the color choices and designs and hope that you continue to have a great time! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful creative day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...