Quilted Bag Feet

A dear friend of mine, who is quite creative, recently came to quilt guild with a purse she made. I saw the bottom of it and HAD to take a photo to share with you! Anytime I make a fabric bag, one of my concerns is the protection of the bottom. Store made bags often have feet on them - and I am sure that you can purchase them, just like you can other purse hardware. BUT look at this clever idea my friend had:

It was a very cute bag, and I apologize for not getting more pictures, but I was so darned excited about the buttons, I spent too much talking about them and got distracted from getting the pictures. You can sew the buttons on by machine, if you do it before you construct the bag, but the cool thing is, you can add them at any time after creating the bag.....like now!!! - do you have a defenseless quilted bag walking around without any feet?
If this is your first time visiting my little home here in blogland, be sure to take a look at my free patterns page, by clicking on the free patterns tab at the top of this page.

Until next time,
Piece!
All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the intellectual property and copyright of Michele Hester and www.quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com. I'd be thrilled if you'd like to use one of my photos! Please link back to this blog when doing so. Please do not post entire tutorials or any other content *such as posts* found on this blog without my written consent first. Thanks so much! ©2009-2012 All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. How cute. A good and easy way to do the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower who came over from FaFF at Sew Many Ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting - it is my only "payment" for blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...