On the better side of life - my quilting studio is finished....at least enough for me to be in it and sew again! I have not sewn any for almost a month - that makes for a depressing life too. I must say that unpacking and touching all of my fabric stash was GREAT therapy!
Today I finished the Playful Pinwheel mug rug, and I have to tell you about a problem with the pattern, which has been fixed. Here is the mug rug I made using the pattern I published for you originally:
Here is the way it was supposed to look:
One of my readers originally reported a problem with the pattern to me a couple of weeks ago, but because I couldn't get to my sewing machine, I was unable to test things out. Once I got two quadrants completed, it was easy to see there was a problem with the pattern - I realized I only included the templates/pattern for one quadrant, and I needed to include two. The reader told me that the four corners didn't fit together right, but I thought that flipping the pattern over for two of the quadrants would resolve the issue. Obviously, my brain wasn't wrapping around the pattern fully.
Anyway, I have updated the pattern to include two quadrants. One where the "swish" comes from the short side of the rectangle and the other where the "swish" comes from the long side of the rectangle. If you have already tried to make this mug rug - I am very sorry for the error...if you haven't tried it yet, it really is a cute pattern, and great curved piecing practice. I took lots of photos when I made mine as I plan to do a tutorial on it in the near future. Here is the back side, which shows the quilting:
If you have made one, please send me photos, I would love to see what you did with the pattern!
I plan to get back to the Mug Rug Monday patterns in another week - I need a little more time to settle into my new studio and I want to get some sewing done!
Until next time,